With the holidays right around the corner, you might be thinking about how to make your jewelry gifts even special with gift-wrapping. With so many creative gift ideas, there is no reason why you shouldn’t wrap your gift in an inventive way as well. The following are some creative ways to present/wrap your holiday gifts.
Christmas seems to center around two important people; The Christ child because it is his birthday and Santa Claus because he delivers all the goods. There are a few creative ways to present/wrap your holiday gifts for Christmas.
- Purchase a manger or make one by spraying hay with spray adhesive, piling it up, and letting it dry. Place your gift in the manger, and wrap a Christmas ribbon around the entire thing with a big bow on the top.
- Purchase a bag that resembles Santa’s bag or make one by sewing two pieces of red or green velvet together and adding a draw string to the top. Put the gift inside the bag, tie it at the top, and attach a gift tag to the draw string.
- Purchase a stuffed Santa doll and have him hold the gift. Give the doll to the recipient and see if they can find the real gift.
Hanukkah also offers some creative ways to present/wrap your holiday gifts. Consider wrapping your gifts in a box with blue or gold wrapping, just like you normally would, and then add one of the following decorative items.
- Tie a blue or gold ribbon or cord around the box, but instead of a bow, tie an actual dreidel to the top of the gift.
- Wrap a gold ribbon lengthwise and crosswise on the box. Cut it where the ribbons meet rather than tying a bow. Adhere the ribbon with double-sided tape. Adhere a large chocolate “gelt” coin using double sided tape on top of the ribbons where they cross together.
- Similar to above, find a teddy bear or cute stuffed animal and tie the jewelry gift box between the hands as if its holding the gift.
- For small presents, such as a diamond ring or gold hoop earrings, buy a box full of chocolates, take one or more of the chocolates out, and replace them with your gift.
Of course, there are many ways that you can wrap your gifts for the holidays, including the traditional Kwanzaa gift bag. Perhaps the best way to start is by purchasing or making your gift and seeing what creative ideas you come up with for gift wrapping.